Sunday 2 September 2012

Nayu's News #35


I'm looking out the window to a sort of raining, sort of not world. Unfortunately for family, it's not clearing up, and the rain got heavier so in came the laundry.  
 (A random picture of the anime Fruits Basket where the characters are putting up laundry)

Life has flown by this week, although each day feels an age. Yesterday my car passed it's 2nd service - whoohoo! 



What else have I been up to? Well, I've been...




...reading lots of books. I'm mostly reading on my days off, as more often in the week I'm too tired to read after work. I've also got over a week of reviews scheduled too! Psst, there will be two competitions coming soon to NRC!

...re-reading/slightly editing a new children's sci-fi wip. I'm awaiting feedback from beta readers (tries not to stare meaningfully at them) on my fairy wip, so in the  meantime it's called start another one. A Price Worth Paying is probably 1/3 written. But it's been so long I need to reread it and tweak it enough so it makes more sense with the changes I've mentally made to the story line. There are talking cats, sentient beings, a bounty hunter, spiritual beings, medical issues, a mad scientist, a girl searching for her sister as well as much more. I adore it. I know I'm biased, but I truly love APWP. 


...knitting - can you believe it, I've managed to knit a bit! I'll try to do some more today. It's a fine line between doing enough and not overdoing it, but I'm working on it. 
 (Isn't the penguin cute? It's from the anime Mawaru-Penguindrum. There are mature themes that I'm not interested in, and it's a super complex anime with loads of symbolism - I need anime which are simpler (for me) to understand. I need anime that don't necessarily give my brain a work out, so I shall not be getting this anime. I can still use the pictures!)

...gaming when I wake up in the mornings. This isn't quite every day, for there are some days I need to watch H2O to wake me up and get me going. But when I am gaming (before work & before I get up at weekends) I'm playing Grandia 2. 
I've played it a few times before, I love the story, the characters are funny. With all the new funky graphics nowadays, I actually prefer older graphics gaming wise. It's just a style I like. 

...doing jigsaw puzzles! This is extremely sporadic, I'm doing my best to do it more frequently but it is mental work, which is hopeless when my brain is tired, and physical work too. Picking up a puzzle piece may not seem an effort, but with weak muscles that hurt when moved I have to be having a pretty good day to do any. It's probably no surprise then that my current puzzle is Winx! It's their Enchantix transformation


...still watching H2O - I'm addicted to this show. It's cute, fun, and gets across really good messages about friendship & helping others. 


As you may have noticed, I'm still pretty inactive on Twitter. As of 17th September I'm no longer in a phone contract, so will have no internet on my phone. I don't use it as much so it's more economical for me to have a pay as you go phone. So there will be no random tweets when I'm out and about. With less tweeting, I'm going to try and do a Nayu's News once a week at the weekend. It's more practical than trying to do it randomly, and I can catch you all up on what I've been up to during the week. 


Health wise, my infusion is still working! That is having me jump about in my  head, like this.

Now I need to talk about the weather which is health related. The lovely, occasional heatwaves we've had in England this year have stopped. The weather is getting cooler. Unfortunately for me cooler weather = pain increase. I can tell how cold it is before I get out of bed in the morning.
 (how I feel at the moment) 

I'm shortly going to invest in an electric over blanket (not an underblanket), to try and keep me warm and not have to keep refilling my hot water bottle. It may mean I can't use my lovely crocheted blanket, but I'm sure I'll get to use it occasionally. If the blanket is super good, I'm get another for work (I do have permission to have items that keep me warm). I'm definitely going to have to get some thermal clothes this Winter seeing as my tolerance for the cold has reduced since last year. Brrr! Wrap up warm & drink hot drinks! 

 (She looks lovely and cosy!)

Now it's time for me to go spend time with anime. Usually I'd be writing and reading, but I'm feeling rather tired. I think several mornings of having to get up (& be up rather than staying in bed) earlier than normal this week might have attributed to that. Yesterday I was ignoring how tired I felt, with the promise that if I feel as tired today I will actually rest. So, see me rest!

No comments: